Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Jacket Magazine's New Russian Poetry Anthology

Around April 2008 I began the ardous work of putting together an anthology of contemporary Russian poetry. This is a queer task for many reasons. One of them being the fact that there are over half a dozen contemporary Russian poetry anthologies. Just this year Dalkey Archive put out a large bilingual volume. So one might ask: How many of these bloody things do we need? This is an important question, which I will not answer here for two reasons: 1) I am obviously biased, and 2) I would have to go on a lengthy tangent describing different kinds of anthologies, and which one's I feel have the most merit. 

In this post, I simply invite you to check out the new Jacket Magazine anthology. Today it is the most extensive introduction to new Russian poetry. 

No comments: