1. Poetry is that which is worth translating. The poem dies when it has no place to go.
2. The object of a translation into English is not a poem in English.
3. A translation creates a specific kind of distance: the reader never forgets that what is being read is a translation.
4. A translation that sounds like a poem in English is usually a bad translation.
5. A translation that strives for the accuracy of a bilingual dictionary is usually a bad translation.
English-language Indian literary awards - At Scroll.in Kanishka Gupta offers a useful overview of Indian literary awards for books in English, in Eye on the prize: This list of Indian litera...
2 hours ago